I’m a firm believer in the old adage that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I’d like to share my recipe for a healthy, added-sugar-free breakfast smoothie. This quick and delicious smoothie recipe makes enough for one tall glass, but can easily be doubled for two people. I like to have it along with a classic big breakfast of eggs, toast, and hash browns but it may be filling enough on its own for some folks.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 small handful fresh or frozen berries (blueberries used here)
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (chocolate is best!)
- 1 small handful baby kale or baby spinach (kale used here)
- 1 tablespoon Ra Energy Naturally Sweet or Plain (or substitute flax seeds, chia seeds, or wheat germ)
- Break banana in half and place in blender, followed by berries, yogurt, almond milk, Ra, and baby kale.
- Blend on low setting for 10 seconds, then on high for an additional 20 seconds.
- Pour and serve!
Protip: If you like your smoothies really cold, try freezing the banana overnight. Just peel it and wrap it in a bit of tinfoil first. You may want to try freezing some extra too since frozen bananas make great Popsicle-like snacks on their own and are also good for teething babies.
(We were given a sample of Ra Energy to try for free, ended up really liking it, and now continue to use it. If you want to read more about it, here’s our review of Ra Energy)
If you have any fave ingredients that go into your smoothies let us know in the comments section below; we’d love to try them!